• Weedpuller plays again

From Digital Man@VERT to All on Saturday, August 03, 2024 22:04:42
    My employer asked Weedpuller to play a 10th Anniversary party in San Francisco. We hadn't played together in 20 years (!), so it was definitely some effort to get together, practice, and prepare and work out all the logistics, but it was well worth it.

Not obvious in the videos, but yes, there were hundreds (ultimately, thousands) of people in attendance, they just weren't very close to the stage as apparently the sound system was full-concert-level loud and the venue very big, so people could hear/enjoy the music just fine from hundreds of feet away. <shrug>

I hope you enjoy: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-JUUwxXqZB3NgVfDCMQpNbD_rhEZlxvW
    --
    digital man (rob)

Steven Wright quote #15:
    Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.
    Norco, CA WX: 81.3øF, 27.0% humidity, 3 mph WSW wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs ---
    þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net
  • From Gamgee@VERT/PALANTIR to Digital Man on Sunday, August 04, 2024 07:51:00
    Digital Man wrote to All <=-

My employer asked Weedpuller to play a 10th Anniversary party in San Francisco. We hadn't played together in 20 years (!), so it was
    definitely some effort to get together, practice, and prepare and work
    out all the logistics, but it was well worth it.

Not obvious in the videos, but yes, there were hundreds (ultimately, thousands) of people in attendance, they just weren't very close to the stage as apparently the sound system was full-concert-level loud and
    the venue very big, so people could hear/enjoy the music just fine from hundreds of feet away. <shrug>

I hope you enjoy: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-JUUwxXqZB3NgVfDCMQpNbD_rhEZlxvW

That is.... freakin AWESOME! Well done!!!

... So... So you think you can tell.
    --- MultiMail/Linux v0.52
    þ Synchronet þ Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL
  • From kk4qbn@VERT/KK4QBN to Digital Man on Sunday, August 04, 2024 13:32:44
    Re: Weedpuller plays again
    By: Digital Man to All on Sat Aug 03 2024 22:04:42

Not obvious in the videos, but yes, there were hundreds (ultimately, thousands) of people in attendance, they just weren't very close to the stage as apparently the sound system was full-concert-level loud and the venue very big, so people could hear/enjoy the music just fine from hundreds of feet away. <shrug>

What?.... No Moshpit?? :-)

Excellent man!
    ---
    Tim (kk4qbn)
    +o kk4qbn.synchro.net
    þ Synchronet þ KK4QBN BBS - kk4qbn.synchro.net - Chatsworth, GA USA
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to Digital Man on Sunday, August 04, 2024 15:06:49
    By: Digital Man to All on Sat Aug 03 2024 10:04 pm

My employer asked Weedpuller to play a 10th Anniversary party in San Francisco. We hadn't played together in 20 years (!), so it was definitely some effort to get together, practice, and prepare and work out all the logistics, but it was well worth it.

That's cool. :) Good sounding band. And I noticed the bass player is playing a G&L - I have a couple of G&L guitars, and I think they make good stuff.

Nightfox

---
    þ Synchronet þ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com
  • From Bf2k+@VERT/TACOPRON to Nightfox on Sunday, August 04, 2024 17:52:09
    By: Nightfox to Digital Man on Sun Aug 04 2024 03:06 pm

That's cool. :) Good sounding band. And I noticed the bass player is playing a G&L - I have a couple of G&L guitars, and I think they make good stuff.

Yes they do... I have an ASAT Classic meself...

---
    þ Synchronet þ TIRED of waiting 2 hours for a taco? GO TO TACOPRONTO.bbs.io
  • From poindexter FORTRAN@VERT/REALITY to Digital Man on Sunday, August 04, 2024 09:05:00
    Digital Man wrote to All <=-

Not obvious in the videos, but yes, there were hundreds (ultimately, thousands) of people in attendance, they just weren't very close to the stage as apparently the sound system was full-concert-level loud and
    the venue very big, so people could hear/enjoy the music just fine from hundreds of feet away. <shrug>

How funny - the video for Surrender came up yesterday in my YT feed, I
    didn't make the connection. Nice!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHNEeVGfhxc

With the dress shirt and hat, you had some early Bun E. Carlos vibes
    going on there. Round, wirerim glasses, a skinny black tie and smoking
    cigarettes behind the kit is all you'd need to complete the look. :)

--- MultiMail/Win v0.52
    þ Synchronet þ .: realitycheckbbs.org :: scientia potentia est :.
  • From Mickey@VERT/CORSYNC to Digital Man on Monday, August 05, 2024 20:20:55

stage as apparently the sound system was full-concert-level loud and the venue very big, so people could hear/enjoy the music just fine from hundreds of feet away. <shrug>

Nice. Very cool chapeau.

Mick Manning
    Central Ontario Remote | centralontarioremote.net:23

... The Blues had a Baby - They called it Rock & Roll
    ... Join BluesNET - An Area for Active Musicians

---
    þ Synchronet þ Central Ontario Remote | centralontarioremote.net:23
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Mickey on Tuesday, August 06, 2024 07:18:18
    By: Mickey to Digital Man on Mon Aug 05 2024 08:20 pm

stage as apparently the sound system was full-concert-level loud and the venue very big, so people could hear/enjoy the music just fine from hundreds of feet away. <shrug>

Nice. Very cool chapeau.

Mick Manning
    Central Ontario Remote | centralontarioremote.net:23

"hey do you guys have a hat that will make me look 60+ years old"

---
    þ Synchronet þ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::
  • From fusion@VERT/CFBBS to MRO on Wednesday, August 07, 2024 14:48:00
    On 06 Aug 2024, MRO said the following...

"hey do you guys have a hat that will make me look 60+ years old"

he's simultaneously ready to teach you how to make leather moccasins on
    youtube and fly away in a steampunk airship

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A47 2021/12/25 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: cold fusion - cfbbs.net - grand rapids, mi
  • From The Lizard Master@VERT/NITEEYES to Digital Man on Monday, August 19, 2024 04:37:25

AMAZING! Looks like a lot of fun.

---
    þ Synchronet þ This is my tagline so I don't get any complaints when I post
  • From Digital Man@VERT to The Lizard Master on Monday, August 19, 2024 12:19:45
    By: The Lizard Master to Digital Man on Mon Aug 19 2024 04:37 am

AMAZING! Looks like a lot of fun.

Thank you, it was. The unfortunate part was that the event planners insisted that the band start at the same time that the doors opened, which meant a lot of people missed some or all of our performance, even though they tried very hard to arrive early/on-time. The hall was huge, so there were still hundreds (and by the time we completed our set, thousands) of attendees present, but just not right by the dance floor and stage as is apparent in the videos.
    --
    digital man (rob)

Synchronet "Real Fact" #65:
    Synchronet can dynamically compress and uncompress message bases (using LZH) Norco, CA WX: 88.8øF, 36.0% humidity, 5 mph W wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs
    ---
    þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net